Westfall O’Dell Truck Sales
- We have three different buildings that house our service departments – and each building has its own storage tank that allows us to burn the used oil that is produced to heat the buildings.
- We have updated, energy-efficient lighting in all of our shops.
- In 2015 we started an initiative to replace all lights, indoor & outdoor, with LED lights.
- We use a paper shredding service.
- We have a paper and aluminum can recycling program.
Community Involvement and Civic Responsibility
- We make annual donations to local food banks, monetary and food donations.
- We assist local charities with vehicle needs and purchases.
- Employees take part in local fundraisers, such as the MS Walk, collecting canned food for the local food bank Harvesters, and more.
- We work with fleets and set up the Customer Dealer Portal which offers Service Training, Service Information, and access to Service Bulletins, etc. for Volvo/Mack customers.
- We help all of our fleets with understanding and using Diagnostic software equipment when purchased. New truck Sales supplies Diagnostic software and equipment to larger fleets when purchasing trucks.
- We have hosted Tech training for customers such as MODOT and a few others. We are a very active Asist user with our customers and communicate with customers on a regular basis using Asist.
- Our parts department regularly hosts vendors at our monthly customer appreciation lunches to bridge the gap between vendors and customers.
- Our parts department holds customer training sessions several times a year. We are planning a Clutch Training session in May where we will host customers for dinner and a vendor training session. In the past, we have held sessions for customers to get their A/C EPA Section 609 Certification. These are always very well attended with 100-150 customers.
- We have 6 outside parts salespeople that are out in the field visiting customers daily, so we are able to quickly identify needs and address them directly with the customer.
Staff Education & Training
- 57% of our Volvo/Mack Service Technicians are Certified Master Technicians and several others are in the works to become Master Techs. Our Volvo/Mack Service Department has 40 technicians and a 30 bay shop. We feel the more training we have, the better customer service we provide. 2 of our 3 Service Advisors are Master Service Advisors. We are one of the first 3 dealers in North America to become a Certified Uptime Volvo/Mack Dealer. Our Volvo/Mack CSI Scores have been consistently 100%.
- Our GM Service Technicians are at 275% of the training standards required by GM. The national average for dealer training is 96%, and our technicians’ training level is almost 3x what is required by GM. We have 1 GM Master Elite Technician, 2 GM Master Technicians and 6 GM Gold Certified Technicians. Our GM CSI score for the last 12 months is 95.7%.
- Our Isuzu Service Technicians are 100% trained and have been for the last 5 years.
- We have parts staff that receive training for GM Mark of Excellence and Isuzu Circle of Excellence.
- Our Marketing Director attends the Digital Dealer Conference to stay ahead of the technology curve.
- Our sales team stays up to date on OEM training.
- Digital Marketing – Website, Google Adwords and Search Engine SEO, Online Review Management
- Email Marketing – Regularly email our customer and prospect database with service tips, service & parts specials, industry news, sales information, holiday hours, and more.
- Social Media – We are active on Facebook and Twitter, and include links to both on all email marketing.
- Customer Events – We host monthly customer appreciation lunches during the warm months, one lunch a year is hosted on a larger scale that coincides with a product release, new/upgraded building on our complex or other milestone. The larger lunches usually include a car show, lunch, vendors, free ice cream and more. Last year we hosted the Evel Knievel Mack rig plus the FedEx Nascar. We also participate in larger events like the American Royal Barbecue, where we hosted around 700 customers for a barbecue and reception in 2015.
- Sales Brochures and Flyers – The advantage of our in-house marketing department is that sales staff has the autonomy to execute their own campaigns – we create custom truck flyers, brochures, emails and direct mail pieces. We have salespeople who regularly do direct mail campaigns, email campaigns, sales brochures and more.
- Monthly Specials – We have a system in place to produce monthly parts and service specials. The marketing department produces the flyers and sends them to our database via email, posts to the website, social media and provides hard copies as well as placing them in our monthly statements.
- Corporate Communications – The marketing department produces a quarterly employee newsletter, as well as organize fundraising and monthly employee lunches among other things.
- Print Advertising – The marketing department produces seasonal direct mail pieces. In addition, we advertise in local agricultural papers and other magazines as needed.
- Trade Shows – We participate in a number of trade shows, including the Missouri State Fair and the Western Farm Show – two agricultural related shows that are highly successful for us. We also exhibit in industry specific shows, such as the Kansas Oil & Gas Association, Missouri Dump Truck Association and much more.