Truck Country – Stoops Freightliner
- In-floor heating implemented at new Truck Country Dubuque dealership. (Plans also in the works for the same at new Madison location.)
- Dubuque dealership features LED lighting throughout dealership, including signage.
- Multiple locations have implemented energy efficient lighting
- Solar panels used at Truck Country’s Cedar Rapids and Dubuque, Iowa locations
- Waste paper recycling programs implemented at dealership locations and corporate offices
- At Stoops – Indianapolis, 4 bays were converted to CNG/LNG
- Stoops employee assigned to manage and monitor environmental policies
- Used is kept from being disposed of by being utilized in oil furnaces at Truck Country Appleton, Marinette and Wausau locations
Community Involvement and Civic Responsibility
- In 2015, Truck Country employees in Dubuque donated $3,581 to Make a Wish; in addition to other giving through ownership, the company is a primary sponsor at the organization’s annual local gala.
- Employees at the corporate office annually “adopt” two needy families in the community during the holiday season, in which presents are provided.
- Stoops/Indianapolis employees raised $854 for St. Baldrick’s Foundation in March, 2016 by selling raffle tickets to employees for an extra vacation day. St Baldrick’s raises money to fight childhood cancers.
- In November 2015, Stoops/Fort Wayne employees, in conjunction with a local school, held a food drive donated the food to two local food banks in Ft. Wayne. The two also held a toy drive in December 2015 for the Toys for Tots program.
- In February 2016, Stoops’ Dayton location donated two skids of water for the residents of Flint, Mich.
- Truck Country’s Dubuque location hosted students through the Dubuque Area of Chamber of Commerce’s Business After School Program as part of overview program of area businesses and to explain career opportunities.
- Stoops Freightliner established Distinguished Professorship at Ball State College of Business
- Routinely hosts open houses/ride-and-drive events for customers
- Sponsor different association/organizational events, where education about Truck Country/Stoops products and industrial topics are presented. For example – in August 2015, Truck Country hosted the Wisconsin Liquid Waste Carriers Association Summer Conference in Rothschild, Wis.
- Active in social media, where information about trucking-related topics and issues are addressed
- Truck Country hosts a corporate driver training program
- Companies provide industry-related information on company website and through social media channels
Staff Education & Training
- New technicians have the opportunity to participate in internal certified tech training program. Students split time between home dealerships and at company’s technician training center in Cuba City, Wis. over a course of 10 months.
- Technicians from across Truck Country dealerships had an opportunity to participate in Top Tech challenge, where their skills and knowledge were put to the test. In 2015, 16 technicians participated in the program
- The company routinely holds staff training sessions For example, the truck sales representatives attended a vocational sales training session at the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds in January. Representatives from Daimler Trucks North America attended the session to provide hands-on training for staff members
- Sales staff routinely participates in manufacturer development training
- In 2016, a redesigned look to our company website, www.truckcountry.com, was completed. The site features frequent updates, up-to-date inventory and regular news/blog posts
- Truck Country/Stoops hosts various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- The companies regularly publish e-newsletters
- Truck Country/Stoops regularly attend industry-related trade shows
- The companies routinely sponsors customer trade association events and conventions
- Truck Country/Stoops sponsors community events/sports teams in communities in which are home to our dealerships
- The companies are regular advertiser in a cross-section of industry trade publications
- Produce in-house marketing videos as they relate to specific products or career advertising
- In-dealership promotional monitors, featuring company information, specials and products. Also includes weather, news or social media postings